This is a true fact: we travel bloggers can sure spin a tale. We have stockpiled stories, from accounts of stunning beauty to hilarity to despair. We talk about food, music, meeting strangers, and modes of transportation. We share insider tips on prices and bookings, how to charm hoteliers and restaurateurs, and how to go to the bathroom in a variety of cultures. Our blogs are filled with literally hundreds of anecdotes about our travel memories.
That is why Down the Wrabbit Hole - The Travel Bucket List has created the "Destination: Memory Lane" Blogging Challenge. We have asked travel bloggers to sift and filter through your hundreds of fantastic travel posts and present the TOP FIVE posts that contain your favorite travel memories. These posts don't have be your best inspirational stories, infomercials for locales, or even contain great photography. The purpose of this blogging challenge is to help your readers get to know you a little better by sharing five important and personal travel posts that are dear to your heart.
1) Introduce your "Destination: Memory Lane" post with a summary of the blogging challenge's purpose. You may copy the summary here or create your own.
2) Repost the "Destination: Memory Lane" Blogging Challenge banner and these rules to assist those you nominate later on.
3) List the titles of FIVE cherished travel blog posts in your new blog post. Provide internal links to those posts for your readers so that if they want, they can explore the stories fully.
4) Summarize the main idea of each story in five sentences or less. Keep it short and sweet, but enticing!
5) Nominate FIVE other travel bloggers to participate in this challenge. Choose people you'd like to get to know a little better. (And don't forget to let them know you've nominated them!)
*It is also good netiquette to link back to the person who nominated you. Let's create a supportive network for one another!
So, without further ado, here is my contribution to the "Destination: Memory Lane" Blogging Challenge.
My Top Five Travel Memory Posts
2. Partying it up with some some Scottish Military personnel my first night in Scotland - It started with two older gentlemen who drug us to a shady side-street, promising a better pub experience. It ended with a drunken bevy of military bagpipers. What a way to start my trip to Scotland!
3. Getting stranded at the Philadelphia airport overnight - I had no money, no luggage, and no where to stay. I slept with some of the more interesting homeless citizens of Philadelphia on the airport floor. And then I got flown home first class because I cried hysterically to the ticket agent. Go figure.
4. Going ziplining in my wedding dress - My hubby and I plunged through the Costa Rican jungle canopy in our wedding finest, after getting married on the beach. My dress is completely shredded and will be of no use to my daughter in the future!
5. Riding in a helicopter over the Canadian Rocky Mountains - The majesty of the Canadian Rockies stuns me every time, even though I live only a few hours away from them. Flying over them is something completely different. Sometimes you have to remember to appreciate the beauty of your own 'backyard'.
|Travel memories keep me alive when I'm not on the road. For real.|
I hope you enjoy reading about these travel memories as they are some of my favorite (yes, even the bad ones). Here's to many more to come!
And now I have the extreme pleasure of nominating five more fantastic travel bloggers to perpetuate the travel love:
1) Mags on the Move
2) Girl vs Globe
3) Global Mouse
4) Just A Pack
5) Travel Geek UK