Monday, January 28, 2013

Travel & Escape TV Host Audition: Vote for Me!


I love teaching.  I truly, truly do.  You could say it is my calling.

But how cool would it be to moonlight as a TV travel host?  (Or even better, begin a second career as a TV travel host?) This is a rhetorical question, because we all know the instant answer is, "AMAZING!"  I am now hoping to find out.  I have sent in an audition spot to the travel channel Travel & Escape with wildly hopeful ambitions to become their newest host for the show "My Top 10".

From Pinterest (oh Pinterest - you addictive thing!)

Look, I know I'm not some young, 20-something college grad.  I'm not supermodel thin or tall.  My eyes are a bit too small, and my nose a bit too big.  When I talk, I tend to overemphasize the 's' sound in words. (Why do I do that?  I didn't even notice until I made this audition tape - it's so weird!)  I might not be the stereotypical television personality people usually tend to envision.  And I'm okay with that.

I am okay with that BECAUSE: I know am funny and admittedly quirky, I love to experience new things and I'm willing to try just about anything, I have tons of energy, I'm smart and can research on the fly, and I know how to get an audience interested in stuff (after all, I teach elementary kids - that's like putting on a one-woman TV show every day, all day).

Quirky enough for TV?  Just maybe!

There are too many cookie-cutter looking TV hosts out there.  Travel is about unique experiences and adventures.  So hopefully the producers of "My Top 10" are looking for a unique host to match that.  Hopefully I stand a chance in... well, you know.

If not, I have to admit it was still a lot of fun to make the video.  I will treasure it always!  Please take the time to watch it, comment, like it, and for goodness sake, share it so that Travel & Escape says, "Holy cow, look at all the views and likes!  We just GOTTA hire her!"



Like I tell my students, "If you're gonna dream, dream BIG!"

4 comments:

  1. Liked, commented, and shared on facebook. I am sure some of my friends who are from Alberta will help out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you muchly! How crazy would it be to win?! I can't even imagine, really... your support means a lot to me!

      Delete
  2. Wow I liked the video, wish you the best. Good quality video and sound by the way! What camera/ sound equipment are you using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a JVC HD camera mounted on a tripod... that was pretty much it. No extra sound equipment. I had to talk quite loud when I was outside due to a highway being nearby, which is why I sounded a little out of breath sometimes! Oh well! My school has a green screen stage, which I borrowed, and I edited it all on an iMac desktop using iMovie. It was pretty low-tech for the most part, but fun! I'm glad you liked it! :)

      Delete