Please Nominate me for the Kerala Blog Express 2019


Hello to all my lovely, loyal readers! I am coming at you today with a little, tiny, very simple request, and I sure hope you can find it in your hearts to help me out!

It was this time last year that I begged, plead, and grovelled for your votes in a press trip competition called the Kerala Blog Express. This press trip to Kerala, India is a two-week bloggers dream, taking writers, vloggers, and photographers from one end of Kerala to the other, visiting tea plantations, cultural sites, luxury hotels, beaches, and more. I'm so in love with the idea of blogging and vlogging my way across Kerala, but I can't get there alone.

The backwaters of Kerala. So stunning! Photo via.

In the past, this competition had been criticized for its circus-like voting method: previous winners were accused of buying votes, faking entries, you name it. Last year I was in the top 20 until the last week of voting, when suddenly several entrants came out of the woodwork and got 500 votes in an hour, which tipped me off to the incredibly unfair tactics being used. I vowed not to participate again, as my heart was broken.

But this year, the lovely folks at Kerala Tourism seem to have noticed the shenanigans that went on, and have changed the system. Instead of easy votes, the new system is to nominate your favourite influencer and fill out a brief form that explains why you have chosen that person to showcase India for you. (Of course, these can still be bought/faked, but it is a lot harder and more labour-intense now, so I'm hoping that does not happen.)

The beauty of Kerala. I'd love to be there! Photo via.

Because the nomination system seems a little more honest this time around, and because there are several other criteria that bloggers must meet, such as high quality writing, posting consistency, and social media reach, I have decided to participate again. (It just looks like such an amazing opportunity, I'd be silly to not even try!)

So please, please, PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP, would you mind sending in a nomination on my behalf? It takes about 3 to 5 minutes, depending on how much you'd like to say about me in the description box. I have created a step-by-step video displaying exactly how to fill out the form, but for the sake of time, I can also do a screenshot here and you can just copy exactly what I have written out for you - minus the part where you add your personal feelings, of course!

Nomination form link: http://keralablogexpress.com/nominate

The details you need to fill in the form, minus your written recommendation for me, and your personal info below.

To further aid my cause, you can also make sure my social media reach is of worthy proportions. Please feel free to follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. I just created a new Instagram account which is hyper-focused on travel content, so you don't have to see photos of my kids or what I made for dinner! The links are below.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/thewrabbithole
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/down_the_wrabbit_hole/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/wrabbit007
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DownTheWrabbitHoleBlog/

I know I am up against some truly heavy competition - big hitter influencers in their twenties, ladies with long, gorgeous hair or gentlemen with big muscles in surfer shorts, living nomadic, global lives. I know I'm just a middle-aged mother with big travel dreams and an even bigger pile of laundry sitting on the couch, but I'd be so honoured to be the one to show you around Kerala, India with my blog and videos.

1 comment: