Supporting Local Economies: Amerii Handbags & Balinese Artisans


Recently I was contacted by a marketer from the up-and-coming handbag company Amerii, based out of Bali. She wanted to do a collaboration video on my YouTube channel in which I'd review one of their handbag products, and in exchange, of course, I'd get to select any of their products which would be shipped to me for free.

Before responding, I checked out Amerii's website to make sure it was a company that I'd want to attach my name to, and I was very happy with what I saw.

Amerii, as I stated before, is based out of Bali and strives to support the local Balinese artisan community, economy and environment. The company hires local artisans to create each bag by hand using products from the environment that have been harvested responsibly.

This is the backpack I chose to order from Amerii.com

For example, the bag I chose, a "Coco" backpack, was woven by hand by a Balinese artisan working hard to support his or her family, using locally harvested rattan grass. (If rattan isn't for you, ata grass is another popular medium that is used to create bags for Amerii, or you can choose to go with a leather bag.) I loved the look of the Coco bag - the rattan is smoked and smooth, and the jug shape of the bag struck me as something that looked very 'Balinese'.

After researching a bit about Amerii, I responded to the marketer with enthusiasm, and we made plans for a collaboration video. I'll post it here, but you can also find it on my YouTube channel - please subscribe if you haven't already because I post a lot of videos there that don't make it here onto the blog.

To order your own Amerii handbags or backpacks, click on this link and tell them that "Down the Wrabbit Hole Travel" sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment